Last year I wrote some resolutions down for this year, and posted them online.
I’m pleasantly surprised with what I managed to do.
1. Have a clearout and stop buying stuff I don’t need. – The clearout has been ongoing (and still is). So yeah. As for not buying stuff, I think I’ve bought very little this year.
2. Run again. For fun – Yes, I did manage this. I’ve been running at least twice a week, and did a 5k and a 10k to gauge how I was coming along, and was pleasantly surprised with the results. Still managing to not re-join a club, so I’m managing to keep it a pleasurable activity, and not get obsessive like I was in the past.
3. Go climbing again. – I’ve bouldered a few times. We have a small wall at work now, so I’ve just used that the odd lunchtime. Found that while it’s pretty fun, it was obviously the company of the people I climbed with that I enjoyed more than the challenge of climbing itself.
4. Stop buying overpriced coffee. Buy good coffee and make it myself – Managed this one easily.
5. Cycle to work as often as the weather allows. – Done it in spades. The weather hasn’t even been an issue unless there’s a really strong wind. The only day I haven’t been cycling is a Tuesday, when I have karate after work, and I run the 5 1/2 miles to work instead.
6. Do another munro – while I didn’t do a munro, I did get up a few smaller hills, so I’m sort of claiming that one.
So overall, I managed to pretty much nail my resolutions. Now I need to (a) keep it up, and (b) come up with more for next year.